Projects and Activities
Our Kiwanis club participates in a variety of projects throughout the year that involve fundraising, community service, and assisting children locally and worldwide. We help the community by supporting established services and always looking for new ways to bring resources and those who need them together.
Additionally, we have speakers at our weekly meetings to explore topics of interest to the membership. We engage in a number of social activities to share experiences, talents and our collective interests. All represent great opportunities for service, friendships and personal growth.
Below are some of the projects and activities in which we are currently involved:
- Feeding as many people as we can - Every month our club provides dinner for individuals and families in partnership with Salvation Army, elementary school breakfast in partnership with Jubilee Reach, and dinner for people with disabilities in partnership with Highland Center.
- Giving a helping hand - Every month our club volunteers at Eastside Baby Corner helping to prepare clothes and equipment for families in need.
7pm every 2nd Mon
- Building our communities future leaders - Our club proudly sponsors (4) Key Clubs - student-led service organizations by giving our time and experience to help grow community service awareness in our youth. Check out our Youth Clubs.
- Helping others reach their potential - For over 25 years our club sponsors and hosts the yearly Highland Games for people with disabilities. Teams come from all over the Seattle area to participate in multiple track and field events. This is their time to shine, and be recognized for all their hard work. Check out the video.
- Raising awareness and funds to support community services - Our club has several major fundraisers during the year - Summer BBQ Beef sale during the Bellevue Arts and Crafts festival and bi-yearly Casino Night Party and Fundraiser. These events not only bring in funds but brings our community together to help others.